Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Homemade Spoon Ring

I had lost the spoon ring I've had for years. I wanted another one and asked my husband to make one for me. I looked through the kitchen drawer, found the spoon I wanted and told my husband "good luck". He went out to the garage, and in about half an hour, came back with this spoon ring:       

spoon ring diy

He said it was really easy to make your own spoon ring, and while I now wish I had taken pictures to show you step by step, he said it's really easy and there's only 4 steps:

Choose which spoon you want to wear.

Cut off the "spoon" part with sharp snips.

Sand the edge you cut and around the corners to round them a little bit.

Place the spoon on a rod, or a broom handle or whatever you have and with a rubber mallet, hammer it around until you get the shape you want.

That's it. 

Go make your own spoon ring now!






No comments:

Post a Comment