Tuesday, July 24, 2012

And It Burns, Burns, Burns....

This is what I want, to be able to sit in front of the fire with my toes in the sand and have a beach bonfire in the comfort and convenience of my own yard. 

Pinned Image

This is what I have. A folding chair in front of an old cast iron stove we use to burn wood. I sit with my feet in the dirt while getting eaten alive by mosquitos.



How do you get from what I have to what I want? Well it's certainly not by begging and pleading with your husband. I live 2 miles from the ocean so he doesn't feel having my own beach is necessary. He just doesn't get it.  Anyway, I've decided it's not that difficult to make it on my own and by "on my own",  I mean my husband, who is a perfectionist, is going to take over pretty much from the get go because I'll be "doing it wrong". 

Hopefully soon I'll be sinking my toes in the sand while sitting in front of the fire in my own personal beach!



No comments:

Post a Comment