Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Postman Had Better Damn Well Ring Twice...

Recently, I discovered that Amazon UK may just be the most adorable website ever. Maybe it's because I'm a cloistered American, maybe it's because I'm easily amused, but I'm in love with the fact that instead of adding items to the "cart," the Brits "Add to basket." After a fit of "Awws," I added a Lucky Luke DVD to my basket, waited until it "dispatched" (instead of "shipped"), and was expecting my movie to arrive yesterday.

...and by "expecting," I mean eagerly, obsessively, waiting, counting down the minutes until it arrived. Why? Because Lucky Luke stars Jean Dujardin, the most wonderful man in the world. And he plays a cowboy. Truth be told, I don't like Westerns and I don't speak French (am pretty sure the DVD has English subtitles), but Jean Dujardin's sheer charisma and sex appeal surpasses this. Hell, I'm not even sure what the movie is about; his being in it is enough for me.

The most wonderful man in the world
I also don't like hay or white shirts (...I'm clumsy...) but find myself not caring...

Amazon UK didn't give me a bleeding tracking number, so I have no idea where my package is. I went to the post office and Post Office Lady (a surly woman) seemed to get angry at me for asking if my package was stuck in post-office-Limbo.

So now, I'm desperate for a Dujar-fix. I'm also waiting for "Un Gars, Une Fille" Vol. 1-3 (French sit-com he was on) to come in from Amazon France, but that's not due for another week or so. I've nearly exhausted my copies of OSS 117: Cairo Nest of Spies, OSS 117: Lost in Rio, and The Artist and, oddly enough, have no interest in the other 312 movies I own.

If I sound like I have an obsessive Jean Dujardin-fixation it's because I do. I suppose.

"Lucky Luke" poster
Maybe if I'm lucky, my copy will be in by Oct. 21.
(Oooh! Dujar-bum!)

But, damnit, I want my movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment